Friday, November 6, 2009

Putting My Media Player on "Waking Up Mode."

The first of a probable series.

I grew up inheriting from my parents a lot of Pinoy pop-rock and classic rock, as well as a dose of '80s new wave and lite rock. But then, I reached high school and college loving punk-rock, powerpop, and a few indie sounds and a little bit of party toppings. And so what I have now is 13 gigabytes of a musical cocktail.

With that plethora of mp3s (which I could not put on a Creative 2-Gigabyte Stone), I decided to create a playlist to bring life to the day by shuffling everything and finding 30 good morning songs, and this is what I have:

1.Pretty Vacant - The Sex Pistols (or you could go for the Lady Sovereign cover)
2.Smells Like Teen Spirit - Nirvana
3.What I Didn't Know - Athenaeum
4.Sex on Fire - Kings of Leon
5.Your Kind (Speak To Me) - Danger Radio
6.Feel Good, Inc. - Gorillaz
7.(Coffee's for Closers) - Fall Out Boy
8.The Beautiful Ones - Suede
9.The Middle - Jimmy Eat World
10.Talk Shows on Mute - Incubus
11.Dancing With Myself - The Donnas
12.One Month Off - Bloc Party
13.Seven Nation Army - The White Stripes
14.Do The Panic - Phantom Planet
15.Everyone Who Breathes - School Boy Humor
16.I'm Not Gonna Teach Your Boyfriend How To Dance With You - Black Kids
17.Just Dance - Lady GaGa ft. Colby O'Donis
18.Love, Sex, Magic - Justin Timberlake ft. Ciara
19.She Will Be Loved (Maroon Five Cover) - runneRRunner
20.Stuttering - The Friday Night Boys
21.Ruupu & Ruupu - Asian Kung-Fu Generation
22.The Cure - Tegan & Sara
23.A Song Is Not A Business Plan - The Rocket Summer
24.California Girl - Cheap Trick
25.Disconnection Notice - Pupil
26.Teddy Picker - Arctic Monkeys
27.Rock DJ - Robbie Williams
28.Prostitution Is The World's Oldest Profession (And I, Dear Madame, am a Professional) - Cobra Starship
29.Watch The Tapes - LCD Soundsystem
30.Can't Stay The Same - Saves The Day

I have, I can send.

No comments:

Post a Comment