Saturday, November 28, 2009

Freshly Squeezed #1: Introduction

As much as possible, I try not to add any sophistication or personal touch in my blog posts, since I believe that I do not have that enough level of fame to have dozens of followers. Simply said, I am not that famous and well-known and no one would even care for a minute to read my blog. But then, considering all the things that this internet page could do for me, I did a little tweaking for my (hopelessly dying) blogging career.

That's right, and I'm going to put a personal side into it, coming in with personal tastes, personal choices, and a little bit of "I" in my posts, all coming from experience and insights while walking (around Ateneo in these last months of college life).

And perhaps to start off with the "this is me" part:

-Being the subject of recent bashing of a few political science majors with regard to the newly promulgated Sanggunian Resolution on voting and its officers, Gio Tingson earned a new title. I told him that starting now until his term ends, he will be called the Fuhrer of the Sanggunian. Joking aside, it seemed that this move made a lot of noise from different sides. And I think that everything just boiled down to an exaggeration and a misunderstanding of the issue at hand (I know where Gio was coming from, and I think that it is something good that he could push for). However, the harshness contained in the Resolution is another issue altogether.

-Bukluran, the inter-college seminary meet, is the thing of the week, and during the last minutes before the event, I really felt really panicky, worried that there might be something that I totally missed. As I write this, I try to make sure that everything is in check and things will turn out to be alright. Although I was quite disappointed with a few circumstances that changed the plans (for example, one org who thumbed down our request due to lack of personnel), the 50-something seminarians of San Jose (the College and Theology community combined), was able to try accommodating 500 seminarians or so.

-And on an additional note, I was not able to watch New Moon with the block (of the course the block experience is what counts, not the film, mind you), but was able to do progress in sorting out things for the seminarians. Also, I was able to make it in spite of having cough and colds (God knows where who

-More tambay moments with the Kant boys (minus Baltao, plus Justin). From synthesis and thesis to philosophers' bed talk, all up to Wittgenstein's picture-face and rabbit-duck, it seems that bonding becomes a necessary factor of senior life.

-First dibs with Ma'am Tonette and Sir Calasanz's quizzes. Period.

-Good spiritual direction advice for me: just be open with the future. We never know and I will certainly not want myself to foreclose my identity.

-And of course, I'm trying to establish online connections through the use of this blog. I'm hoping that there are still more who would follow me and be my "online friends."

'Til next week. More to come.

No comments:

Post a Comment