Monday, December 7, 2009

And This Is Where "The Real Game" Begins


The real game starts right after Phoenix.

After having most of the quarter of the season finished, the Lakers will have their next 19 of their 28 games on road. And I believe, that this is where Kobe and the rest of the defending champs have to toughen up and play like a real championship team.

But there is something that Lakers fans need to talk about with a serious tone: The "Taco Club," A.K.A. the rest of the bench who blew off the good leads during the past games.

Believe me, as a group, they were reallty performing poorly, but then, it seems that this is out of being too comfortable, since the starting squad have done enough. I say give them a little time during these road games. They might prove themselves worthy.

Jordan Farmar had big games of his own. I wish he was really consistent, like the good ol' times.

As well as DJ Mbenga and Josh Powell, whose presence in and out of the paint have been significant (during garbage time, that is).

Adam Morrison still has to prove himself, maybe Luke Walton's absence in the team (because of his pinched nerve).

Most of all, the one I hate the most for this season: Sasha Vujacic. I mean, he really sucked during these first 18 games, conmpared to his performance back in '08.

The Lakers would win as a team, not just a bunch of 5 great guys, 2 who could do fairly well to replace the starters (I'm talking about Odom and my new dunk idol Shannon Brown), and 5 Taco Boys.

Thanks to www.forumblueandgold.com for the TacoUnit pic.

No comments:

Post a Comment