Monday, June 14, 2010

The First Day of Classes

I do not have any clear picture of what is going to happen during the first day of my classes. I spent the weekend preparing for this: designing my blueprint for class order and discipline, laying out the requirements, making my powerpoint presentation that comes with images and icons that should be interesting for third and fourth year high school students, and psyching myself up and making the mental preparations necessary.

But Wednesday will be the first day that I face a real classroom situation, my encounter with my actual students who will be with me for one year. I will be there, facing them, giving them instructions, telling me what to do not only in my subject, but in their life during the next months. I will be there directing their future, forming their values while building a good relationship with them. I will be there not just to teach my Christian Living Education, but also, more importantly, to teach them that life is worth living, that the future is worth looking forward, that everything in this life has a reason.

Shorthanded may I be (I know everyone is), I am ready to present myself and be there for them. And perhaps, in the end, I might say that I chose the right path.

But right now, I feel that it is the right one for me. Onwards to the first day of school.

No comments:

Post a Comment